Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Xterra SE V6 M/T
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been combing through threads and haven't been able to figure this out.

Does anyone make a box like the 2nd gens for the 1st gen? Or better yet will the 2nd gen box fit on the 1st gen?

If the answer is no to both of those questions does anyone know of something that will close that area off? I want to put stuff up there, but I'd like for it to be enclosed.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra SE V6 M/T
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh okay, that's exactly what I'm wanting. I guess I'll have to figure out how to fab it myself. Cool. Thanks!

·
Registered
466 Posts
IF I remember correctly, the 2nd gen cross bars are about 2" (ish) shorter than the 1st gens, so I assume the 2nd gen wet box would also be about 2" shorter than the 1st gen basket as well. To get it to work, you'd have to fill in that ~1" on each side and figure out how to mount it.

Also, the 2gen wet box curves at the front, so you'd probably end up cutting your wind fairing.

I think if you did it, it would have to look something like this. There are holes and clips holding it in place, and they attach to the curved portion that huge the rails. You Might be able to get away with just using the bolts, and no clips? I apologize for the crudity of this model, I didn't have time to build it to scale or to paint it.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra SE V6 M/T
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's pretty awesome in and of itself! I'm just trying to figure out how you threw together that model so fast lol. But I'm thinking I might be able to work that out somehow. The model makes me feel like it's doable without spending a whole lot of money at least.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ha, well I just kind of cake up with something in a few minutes... it's not really based on anything other than me brainstorming so take it with a grain of salt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts