Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gauging interest. I have a Pioneer AVIC-8000 nex with nav and Apple Car Play so I don't need the stock RF headunit and the isimple anymore.

I will likely be selling my xterra in the next 6-9 months and I think I'll just sell the truck with the Pioneer still installed.

Can anyone tell me how much I should ask for the RF and isimple or should I just keep them and install back in the truck when I sell it?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Aftermarket systems decrease resale value more than having a mint stock everything.

The main problem is that a lot of times a Pioneer may have removed something stock to be installed and uses something that only works with pioneer, and will be forever lost if anyone ever wanted to do something different.

The stock is very valuable in the vehicle, more valuable than outside of the vehicle.

You could offer it with the vehicle and the installed pioneer, but without any value increase.

You'd be better off selling the pioneer separately and putting the stock unit back together, if its still possible.

Or just keep the pioneer for your next vehicle.

Aftermarket systems go out of date so fast that its not even funny. Newer systems have Android Car in them, which is pretty much what everyone will have and every new car as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense. I'm going to want to private sell the truck when the time comes maybe I'll be able to sell it to a member here and throw both units in. I would keep the pioneer, but I don't have a need for it since my new vehicle will have Navigation and Apple CarPlay standard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What vehicle are you downgrading to?
Hopefully a 2017 Camaro SS (W/1LE Track Package).

They didn't build a 1LE package for the new 2016's that just came out so I'm crossing my fingers they build one next year for the 50th anniversary of the Camaro.

I hope its not a downgrade. HAHA!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts