Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spontaneously decided to make a short solo weekend trip to Tennessee this weekend. Tentatively, leave Friday around noon and come back Sunday night. I plan on camping in the back of my X and bringing groceries with me to cook my own meals. I'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible.

I figure what better way to get away from school than spending it with my X in the great outdoors.

Does anyone have any suggestions on places in Tennessee that I should definitely go? Being from Indiana, I'm just looking forward to seeing some hills! Are there any scenic roads that I should check out? I don't have time to hit up any offroad parks unfortunately.

Any thoughts/comments/concerns about my trip would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
There is the Land Between the Lakes area, Cumberland Plateau and my personal favorite being the Ocoee/Nantahala area which is actually in NC but just over the Tennessee line. Pretty much anywhere along the Appalachian Trail through the Smokies is awesome. Especially this time of year as the leaves are turning.

·
Registered
484 Posts
You are prolly on your way back by now but if you get a chance Pisgah national forest is an awesome place to go. The Blue Ridge Parkway runs through it and the roads are wicked pretty. The wife and I went there a couple of years ago. We found some really cool roads that you need a light 4x4 to go down. The park is well kept up and the people are great. At one point we met a guy in Linville Falls who was selling his little service station/country store for a good price. Almost bit at that one. We would have been broke but who cares when you live there.

Paul

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
If you do this again, Breaks Interstate Park is a nice place

http://www.breakspark.com/

I'm a big fan of state and national parks as vacation destinations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts