Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets hear from the road warriors.

How many states have you driven your Xterra through? My X has been through 43 states including Alaska and the Canadian Yukon.

7 states yet to driven through.
Maine
Vermont
New Hampshire
Connecticut
Massachusetts
Hawaii, not very likely to get checked off the list
California
:527::527:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Funny "Dirt Every Day" just did a special on shipping a truck to hawaii to go offroading.....

Ive been to most of the East and southern states with my X
NY, Mass, Conn, Virgina, DC, NC, SC, Georgia, Louisiana, Miss, TX, Arizona, ok, Tenn, PA and im sure im missing a few.

Id like to do a northern state trip and would LOVE to hit Alaska.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny "Dirt Every Day" just did a special on shipping a truck to hawaii to go offroading.....

Ive been to most of the East and southern states with my X
NY, Mass, Conn, Virgina, DC, NC, SC, Georgia, Louisiana, Miss, TX, Arizona, ok, Tenn, PA and im sure im missing a few.

Id like to do a northern state trip and would LOVE to hit Alaska.
DC? LOL, that patch of swamp? Not a state though. My X has been through the gates of capital hill many times, pretty cool being able to park inside the hydraulic barricades.

You definitely need to drive to Alaska. I've driven there twice, the last time was in the winter. I was trucking through the Yukon in the early AM in a blizzard. Drove for ten miles with a rear flat before I figured out why it was squirrely.

I had not seen another car for hours and while I'm trying to change my flat in pitch black blizzard, this Canadian fellow in a front wheel drive Chrysler pulls up and lit up the work area. By the time we got my tire changed, I had 2 inches of snow inside the back of truck. That man was a god send.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Haven't actually taken my X to USA yet, I will this summer. But I took my X to Kamloops BC a few times last summer (Im from Alberta). About a 7.5 hour trip. Tunes blasting, skoal in my lip. Broken A/C in 30 degrees celsius weather. Ahh what a trip that was.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haven't actually taken my X to USA yet, I will this summer. But I took my X to Kamloops BC a few times last summer (Im from Alberta). About a 7.5 hour trip. Tunes blasting, skoal in my lip. Broken A/C in 30 degrees celsius weather. Ahh what a trip that was.
Crazy, when I was driving back from Alaska, one of my headlights went out. Night was approaching and the RCMP will pull you over for anything, plus I was pulling on some Crown Royal..., I do not advise drinking and driving folks.

Anyway, I pull into a convenience store in Kamloops and asked the two girls working about a headlight bulb. Auto stores were closed. Incredibly, one of the girls working carried a freaking spare headlight bulb in her car. She was more than happy to take 20 US dollars for it.

I plugged that sucker in, got back on the road and tossed the empty crown bottle out the window about 2 hours later. Yes, I littered in Canada, not something I am proud of. Go Canada!!!!;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ny
nj
me
pa
ct
vt
ma

·
Registered
392 Posts
I take the motorcycle for non-hunting/skiing trips. Pavement every day!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ive clocked 40k in the past 2 years.
most of which on Vancouver island.. but i have taken it through:
BC
Alberta,
Montana,
Idaho
Washington state
Oregon
california
back through oregon and into washington state.
Cant wait to taker to Utah

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've taken mine through BC, Alberta, Washington, Oregon, and the upper half of California.

Unfortunately hubby wouldn't let us take it on our roadrip to Texas where we went through Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, and Arizona. Instead we took his Mazdaspeed 6 (which I find a lot less comfortable to sit in for long periods...)

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, not only am I the last original loaded rig, nobody has come close to my miles?

Seriously, nobody been to the grand canyon, woke up at 4am to get dropped off at the rim, hike down, hike up. Really?

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive clocked 40k in the past 2 years.
most of which on Vancouver island.. but i have taken it through:
BC
Alberta,
Montana,
Idaho
Washington state
Oregon
california
back through oregon and into washington state.
Cant wait to taker to Utah
You are ahead of most X owners it seems. I'm going to head up to Maine this summer and knock out Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts and Connecticut.
California and Hawaii,, who cares

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow, not only am I the last original loaded rig, nobody has come close to my miles?

Seriously, nobody been to the grand canyon, woke up at 4am to get dropped off at the rim, hike down, hike up. Really?
I did that with my family when i was 8. made it all the way to the colorado and back, didnt take one of those cheatin donkeys neither.

I was going to drive out to newfoundland this year, but time is a bit short so probably have to fly out there.
still its not uncommon for me to burn 3 tank of fuel in a weekend.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've taken mine through BC, Alberta, Washington, Oregon, and the upper half of California.

Unfortunately hubby wouldn't let us take it on our roadrip to Texas where we went through Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, and Arizona. Instead we took his Mazdaspeed 6 (which I find a lot less comfortable to sit in for long periods...)
I had a speed6 for a min. before my wife's Audi, when we bought it i thought it was going to be my favorite car... but i found it to just be an over priced Mazda.... it felt like a ford focus, and we eventually got rid of it. it was alot of fun to treat like the red headed step child but could imagine it for a road trip like that. and finding parts for it was never fun. being it was only produced for 2 years.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I want to hear from more people about this! I've only hit California, Arizona and Nevada thus far. I do have a road trip planned for this summer that will take me through New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi. We'll see how she does, but I definitely plan on something happening along the way that'll require some roadside wrenching.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.