Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sorry i missed the club ride at citrus, my rig just wasnt ready in time. Id love to see pictures btw. Im planning on heading out to Richloam and maybe Croom as well on February 12th. Ill be camping Friday and Saturday night and hitting trails Saturday and Sunday. If any one can make it that would be great. Id love to meet up with some other Xterra folks. Let me know here and as we get closer we can hammer out the details of where to meet and what not.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are looking at either Hog Island or Silver Lake in Croom for camping. Its first come first serve so i have no guarantee on which one will be available. Hog island is our first pick though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Man that was a fun trip. Felt good to get out on some trails again. Its been far too long.

On day one my brother joined us with his 4runner. 10 minutes into the trail and we have both rigs stuck (my fault) so the 4runner deployed the wench and got us out.

Then about 30 minutes in the 4runner hit a root hidden in about 2 feet of mud and lost a tie rod.

Quick trip to the parts store and we got it sorted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunatly we didnt take any pictures along the trail, but i can tell you that it was brutal. 3 hours to cover about 2 miles of trail. Lots of mud and water with a few deep and long water crossings. Im talking 50 yards of 3-4 ft deep water. Both rigs got very soggy carpet. This was taken once we got back to the hard pack road.

If you want a serious trail to check out, hit up Lower Lake Rd from 50 to Goat Rd in Richloam

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Day two we were solo so we stayed in croom and hit some mild trails with lots of sand, narrow forest tunnels, nice hills, some off camber sections, and open meadows. Once again i didnt take many pictures.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice Xterra and 4-Runner!

It looks like you had a good time with the exception of the tie rod issue. If I was not so far behind on getting the house painted I would have tried to ride with you on Saturday. When I get finish my painting we need to plan a ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts