Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I have replaced fuel pump, fuel sending unit, fuel filter, throttle sensor, crankshaft sensor, air flow sensor, the 80 amp ingnition fuses(both of them), purge valve, fuel pump relay, distributor, spark plugs and wires, i think that is about it. I was getting a start but would die after few seconds. Now we are not even getting fuel to filter. Husband said he could feel pump coming on. Yes he held it in his hands. So now we are getting a crank no start. Let me take you back to when this all first started and we started replacing parts. It first died only a couple of times while going down the road then ran fine for a bit. Well then it started dying a lot. If you tried to ecelerate too quick it would die but if you did it slowly it was fine. Well the last time it ran I was stranded on side of road It was fine then started losing rpms and just died. it has not ran since. I now only get a crank with no start and no fuel going to filter. Before fuel was going to filter but was still a crank no start. We are trying to save money by trying to fix ourselves. So any help would be appreciated. I know this is long but trying to cover the basics.

·
Registered
248 Posts
This one for the folks with Gen 1 Xterras with the 3.3 V6 distributor and all the associated parts. Without knowing your engine systems layout I would still say you need to start looking for where the fuel flow is good and where it stops. Does fuel ever actually get to the "running" pump? Lots of fuel related parts replaced in your list. Have you retraced your steps and doubled checked those parts replacements?

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
839 Posts
Sometimes I’ll spray some starting fluid into the intake and let it run on that. Helps determine if a lack of fuel is the only thing happening here. Some of the parts you described as replaced have nothing to do with your vehicles lack of fuel and could potentially cause more problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts