Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has debadged their Xterra? I am contemplating doing it to mine. Probably just the xterra badge though because I don't want to deal with filling holes. Does anyone have a picture so I could get an idea of what it would look like? Preferably on a white first gen, but anything will do. I searched all around here and the web and couldn't find much.

·
Registered
208 Posts
not sure about the nissan logo... should be glued on the rear... the one on the front grill has to holes tho

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
the back hatch nisan logo has two holes and glue. its easy to take off. just heat it up use fishing line to peel the sides and the loops on the logo, then pop it off

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for clearing up the hole question. Does anyone have any pictures though? If not I might just give it a shot and post some.

·
Registered
205 Posts
mine is completely debadged and has no holes in the metal, the badges are just stickers basically

G

·
Mind if I ask, why would you want to remove them? Are you working on body or paint, and putting the badges back? Or do you simply want them off?

Have you done it yet? Got any pics :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I prefer to make the car look cleaner and less cluttered. Some people like it, others don't, but I do :) I'll have to post some pics up soon.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's a picture to give people an idea of what it looks like after. It's not a big difference, but I think it cleans it up a bit. I only took off the Xterra sticker because the Nissan badge is recessed into the hatch and I didn't want to leave a goofy indent. Here's a quick picture...

G

·
Nice :) Now I see what you mean. I could MAYBE live without the "xterra" badge, but the Nissan logo is so handsome, I'd have to leave it where it is :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I was torn on the Nissan, but the car sort of made the decision on that one for me, haha. If you ever feeling like doing it to yours, it was really simple.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nope, no fishing line. I used a heat gun to loosen it up and a plastic body filler spreader to peel it up. Just make sure you don't get the spreader too hot and melt it on to the paint. The glue residue just wiped off with some effort and a towel.

G

·
Sweet :) I had an idea a week or so back (and I probably wouldn't do this, but it was just a thought) about taping off the badge and painting over it like a stencil, then removing it. Kind of like the way some guys on here painted the roof rack, then peeled off the Xterra sticker...

I'm really curious to see how that would come out...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's an interesting idea. If I have time I might use the one I removed and stencil it on some paper or cardboard, paint it and post it up for you. I've got a few things I need to do on the car before that, but I'll see if I can get to it soonish.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts