Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2000 Xterra 4x4
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I tried, and failed, to remove the pilot bushing (32202-B950A) with a 2-jaw puller I loaned from Autozone. It's similar to the OTC 4422. There just isn't enough of a ridge at the backside of the bushing for the jaws to grab on. I ground down those jaws, but it didn't help.

The OTC 4581 looks, to me at least, like the only tool that may be able to get the job done. But it also costs $150.

Can anyone suggest a tool to me I can loan from Autozone or O'Reilly's? Or something that doesn't cost 150 bucks? Those "use bread/paper/grease" videos to remove the bushing - those won't work on this bushing, do they?

Thanks much!

Holger

Registered
2000 Xterra 4x4
Discussion Starter #2
OK, that bushing is now out. I bought Harbor Freight's Slide Hammer And Bearing Puller Set #62601. It still wouldn't grab on behind the bushing, and instead scrape along the inner surface of the bushing while working the sliding hammer. Finally I carefully put some cuts into the bushing with a pneumatic reciprocating saw and that loosened it up enough to be pulled out. Probably a 1-min job with the right tool. 馃お

Holger

Registered
Had to do the same thing with mine years back...probably the easiest way to get it out without the right tools on hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts