Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Dubai. I have a 2006 M/T 4x4 US spec Xterra
imported to Dubai
. I lost my engine while driving in the sands so swapped in a 3UZFE as its much cheaper to do so. I thought the additional power i get from the V8 will be helpful.. However, I feel that the engine is not as torquey as the Xterra engine meaning I will not be able to climb as much with my 265 70 16 tyres since the engine is designed for smaller tyres of a lexus. Do you fee this is correct. I was also advised that if i regear my 3.54 to a 4.3 (H233B gearing of the 1st Gen X) i may have a more torquey car and be able to climb good sized sand dunes easily with the 3UZFE. Please advise if this is correct. Can i swap in the 1st gen axles with the 2nd gen? is it easy to improve the gear ratio to 4.6 for the 2nd gen X? What will be the procedure. Please advise.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The axle housings are not compatible. Even if you could get the rear to fit, the bolt pattern for the wheels is totally different. Look at rugged rocks or 4x4parts and look for new ring and pinion gears. Great time to upgrade to an air locker

1 - 2 of 2 Posts