Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chuckamuzuk and I took the day off on the 17th and went out to RedBird SRA. We spent the day wheeling and did not run into a single person. We had the entire park to ourselves.

Chuckamuzuk and I haven't really taken our X's out for any real off-road riding. We have been talking about it for months and planning to go since I bought my 2002 X in June. We both are running Bils minus the rear sway. I have Calmini 6" shackles on the rear and the PML. Chuck is ready to do his as soon as he gets the wife a car and X becomes his toy, but I'm getting off topic. We have all the extraction gear we need in case we got into any trouble so we started out with some easy trails to get our feet wet. We started on trail 1 and then cruised up 0 to trail 25 (Scenic Trail), taking time to stop and spot each other on easier stuff so we could get some basic communication going. We cruised up to the power lines and played around there for a while. There was a great view from up there, and with the park empty we could take our time and really get to know our X's. We headed back down the hill and headed towards the main road. I talked Chuckamuzuk into following me down trail 21. I tried to grind my way up the hill, but ended up turning around. It was just a little too much for me, I wasn't ready to push my X that hard. After Chuck helped me get turned around and back out to the trail head, we finished up the day with trail 14/2. 14 starts out easy and becomes challenging when it joins up with 2 and spits you out at the top of the power lines. This was relatively small potatoes compared to what some of you guys are doing, but our X's are still relatively stock and i'm a green horns when it comes to wheeling. There were some moments when Chuck and I are looking at each other and you wonder if the X is really capable, but we were never disappointed and the X always performed fantastically.

I can't wait to get out and do it again.

Here is the link to Chuckamuzuk's photo page.
http://picasaweb.google.com/escuec/RedbirdSRATripAugust2009#

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Great Pics!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts