Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be wrong forum, dunno ,,, please move if needed. I am looking at maybe having to do the rings, bore out cylinder ... not maintained, not even in the most mildest sense, Not maintained .,.... open to ideas, generic fine .... I am not looking for too tech experience at this point, I've done this job, carb'ed enuros on my hellcat bikes ... doesn't matter .... just looking for whether I salvage this thing knowing I saw so many good thing about it or suck one year out of it'? I saw so much better than that! Why buy a 4x4 if you won't use it and you won't maintain it? Argh .... hasn;t changed in 30 years ... tho carbs did :D

I need some fast, objective opinions to make an informed choice.

tanya --- 2002 se not super charge gas eating beast ,,, lol

·
Registered
444 Posts
If I am ever to rebuild I want to do a 3.4L build...but if that isn't for you, you could always go with a straight rebuild with slightly oversized pistons and some cams...but to get any more power out of this low compression motor, you either have to boost, or you just live with it...the 3.4 build brings the compression up closers to 10:1 instead of 8.9:1...that will give a good amount of power and probably better gas mileage

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

1 - 2 of 2 Posts