Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have a 2000 Xterra and I've got a peculiar issue. I can get the rear wiper and wiper fluid switch to work as it should, but the switch that keeps the wiper going continuously does not seem to work. I replaced the fuse, which got the wiper fluid/blade switch to work, but not the other switch. Any ideas?

·
Registered
191 Posts
What exactly is it supposed to do and what exactly is it doing? My 03 just has a wash+wipe and intermittent wipe with only the one frequency. The switch according the book just applies ground to whatever side of the motor it wants and also ground the washer pump if pressed that direction. If the wipe only function isn’t working, I’d start by checking the wiring and applying ground at the switch while unplugged. If the wiper still doesn’t activate, then I’d perform the same test at the wiper motor itself. If it works, id say you have a harness issue, if it doesn’t, I’d say you have a motor issue

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've found 2000/2001 SE models had an intermittent rear wiper instead of the continuous one found in 2002-2004. I swapped one from a 00 in my 03 because I wanted that feature.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Hi everyone! I have a 2000 Xterra and I've got a peculiar issue. I can get the rear wiper and wiper fluid switch to work as it should, but the switch that keeps the wiper going continuously does not seem to work. I replaced the fuse, which got the wiper fluid/blade switch to work, but not the other switch. Any ideas?
i dont recal my 2000 se 3.3 having continuous rear wiper feature only intermittent as stated above

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine only has intermittent land you can’t change the frequency. I confirmed this with ESM. I recently installed a rear hatch from an 04 onto my 03 and I had to swap wiper motors because the 04 model has more settings on the wiper switch. My switch has these three positions:
951CB52F-007C-4264-8ADC-48F691801D50.png

the 2004 model had these four positions:
7625B906-4332-4D5F-8578-C5A3466BE30D.png

1 - 5 of 5 Posts