Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got the old leaf off one side and new one on via the front bolt and rear shackle. The damn thing sits so low uncompressed, how to you get it back up to the axle? Do I need to remove the spring on the other side as well and drop the entire axle to the height of the springs?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you doing both sides ?
Yeah I got it figured out. I dropped the axle all the way pretty much till the jack bottomed out. I was originally worried it would mess something up, then realized thats pretty much what happens every time you put it on a lift.

It took about 4 hours to do both sides. Almost freaked out when doing the passenger side when I realized the front leaf bolt wouldn't clear without hitting the gas tank. Dropped two bolts on the tank shield and it made plenty of room when it flexed down.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those interested I got the Husky Spring leaf pack from Rock Auto for $100 per pack along with their U-bolts. Didn't replace the shackles as the existing leafs slid right off, no BFH needed this time. Also, use air tools to get all the bolts off, saves a ton of time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts