Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 X that needs a new engine. I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on where I would get a re-manufactured engine and how difficult it would be to replace the engine myself? I have done engine swaps on 70's jeeps but nothing like a Nissan. Any recommendations and advice would be great. Thank you!

·
Registered
382 Posts
my timing belt went before i bought my truck. and we put a junkyard motor in. Ive done VW/audi/bmw (i worked at a euro performance shop) engine swaps so take it with a grain of salt but i thought it was pretty easy.

and honestly these motors are pretty stout when taken care of, i would just grab a junk yard motor (car-part.com) found me a local yard with one. do the normal Timing belt/water pump, new clutch if its stick, new plugs and wires... and youll be good to go for a long time. Longer then you will keep the truck for.

but just mark the connectors. and its fairly easy.... it sucks but its not overly complicated.

edit... Oil pan, crappy 2 piece design wish i would have done that when the motor was out. replacing mine now have to pull the diff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts