Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a 03 Xterra XE non super charge, it will drive great for a bit then when I stop at a light and get going after it changes there is nothing happening when I press the gas pedal. Had a few things replaced that needed to be done and it almost took the issue out completely. Now it's less frequent but still happens. Any ideas what could be the issue?

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro-4X
2,308 Posts
It's a 03 Xterra XE non super charge, it will drive great for a bit then when I stop at a light and get going after it changes there is nothing happening when I press the gas pedal. Had a few things replaced that needed to be done and it almost took the issue out completely. Now it's less frequent but still happens. Any ideas what could be the issue?
Could you please tell us what "few things" you had replaced that almost fixed the problem?

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro-4X
2,308 Posts
Had the cats done, injector rings replaced, distributor cap replaced, plugs and wires, the list goes on
To start I would look deeper into the distributor and look for metal shavings and a rust colored dust inside distributor. Main shaft bearing is a common failure and a Gen1 will have a lot of revolutions on it for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts