Nissan XTerra Forum banner
601 - 606 of 606 Posts

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
10,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #601 ·
So no real updates went out with Mrs XXL to take some photos over the weekend taking advantage of the Xterra’s capability in adverse conditions.

Everyone in North America - “The weather is crazy this winter!”

Mother Nature in North Alabama - “Pfffffffft! Hold my sweet tea”

So the last 24 hours here.

Saturday night it was 76 degrees and tornadoes in and around Athens

Sunday night 30 degrees and 5” of snow 🤣

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,789 Posts
The upper edge of that tornado warning saw tornados touch down in Kentucky.

Really nice snow pics. And dat rooler! :)

·
Administrator
10,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #603 ·
So wee bit of an issue this morning. Big Geek vs a Murano in a collision gonna be out of commission for a while but eventually it will be corrected just gonna take a while.

Bumper is done but it did it’s job in what was a fairly hard hit, 45 mph vs stopped car. Every tube is bent if you zoom in you can see all the popped paint where the tube distorted. Hood is bent just a bit at the front as are the fenders but could be fixed. Will probably end up with fiberglass replacements from Hannemann. Both front turn signals and radiator need to be replaced but the core support looks straight.

The Murano did not fair well at all.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Xterra, 4x4 S/C
332 Posts
Oh shit!! Any pictures of the Murano!??

Glad you're getting it fixed; so much better keeping a vehicle going, so many people just write it off and take the insurance money after the smallest dent.

·
Administrator
10,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #605 ·
No pics of the Murano, my fault and the woman was very sweet so I didn’t want to take a bunch of pics of her car. The bottom of the hatch pushed in a good 2’ it’s totaled no doubt.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,789 Posts
Glad to hear everyone walked away. I hope you don't have any sore muscles or other aches and pains.

I got rear-ended at around 30 mph several years ago. My insurance sent me to the hospital. I had a minor whiplash and some other minor stress pains. They gave me special pills that forced me to take 2 days off work since I couldn't legally drive, and the campus where I worked does not allow any narcotic drugs, even prescription, on the premises. So I stayed home.

I hope you're being taken care of by your insurance.

601 - 606 of 606 Posts