Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am now seriously considering getting Lokka for my front differential and doing the differential drop at the same time. But I have a few questions that may or may not have been answered, but mostly I am just looking for confirmation that it is the best option for what I have going on.

1.) Is Lokka the only locker for the front (aside from ARB) or does Aussie or Lockright make an application for the Xtera (2000)

2.) I currently have a shrockworks skid plate under the tranny, if I do the differential drop, will the skid plate no longer fit? Or is there a way to make it fit? I looked under there and there does not seem to be a lot of room to drop the differential down.

My rear differential has limited slip, so I think if I lock the front and leave the rear alone. I am not prepared to drop $1500 for an ARB set up and I don't think I am prepared to do a SAS either.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for any help given!!

·
Brooklyn br0
'01XE 4x4 3.3AT Locked SAS 35's
3,326 Posts
1.) As far as I know Lokka and ARB are your only options (I have an ARB).

2.) The whole back cross member is being lowered whereas the dif itself is being lowered on the stable front cross member. Your skid plate will still fit. I have a the old style SLR Dif Drop and run Skid Row Skids without a problem.

Further reading on "Diff Drop; HERE

·
Registered
346 Posts
Totally worthwhile!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those wheels are just some black steel rims I picked up at Discount for fairly cheep. I decided I wanted steel wheels as they are easier to repair that alloy wheels. And in the event I tear one up beyond repair, they are cheap enough to just go buy a new one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.