Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 XTerra SE/SC, 32’s 2” BL & PML
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an 02 Se/SC, certain the bearing in the distributor is shot, ordered a replacement.
I don’t have a timing light, nor can I find anyone with one and part stores aren’t renting out tools anymore since scary covid.
Im fairly certain I have to get the engine to TDC, with the rotor at position 1 on the dizzy, then replace the distributor and basically fiddle with it until it sounds happy.
If anyone has a better way to do it or any tips to changing the distributor that would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,139 Posts
I have an old one around here somewhere. I just might have to break it out and check my timing, and to be sure it still works! ;)

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have an old one around here somewhere. I just might have to break it out and check my timing, and to be sure it still works! ;)
Don't let your neighbors borrow it....they always come back broken. They don't have one and don't know how to use one!

·
Registered
2003, Xterra XE, 4x4, manual trans
14 Posts
Got an 02 Se/SC, certain the bearing in the distributor is shot, ordered a replacement.
I don’t have a timing light, nor can I find anyone with one and part stores aren’t renting out tools anymore since scary covid.
Im fairly certain I have to get the engine to TDC, with the rotor at position 1 on the dizzy, then replace the distributor and basically fiddle with it until it sounds happy.
If anyone has a better way to do it or any tips to changing the distributor that would be much appreciated.
Princess Auto has timing light on sale now : )

·
Registered
2002 XTerra SE/SC, 32’s 2” BL & PML
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Princess Auto?????????? Never heard of that one! I checked and I think it's because you guys get to drink Molson's Golden!
It’s Canada’s harbour freight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts