Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about fitment. I know these headers eliminate the Cats on the stock headers, but do they bolt directly to the "Y" pipe? Im trying to plan an exhaust setup this summer and would like to know if the headers bolt up directly to the "Y" pipe or if Ill need to build a custom exhaust during the header install.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody? Are these headers a direct bolt-on?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Arizona has emissions, but not visual inspections. As long as there's no CEL and the fuel cap doesn't fail, were good to go. Was going to run O2 foolers with the Doug Thorleys.

So if these headers are not direct bolt-on, how did everyone on here install them?

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
May be there is some confusion on the word "direct bolt on" to me that means you buy a shock you unbolt the old one ,you bolt the new one on and drive away.
The DT headers will bolt up but there going to be some custom fabrication with the spoilers, the o2 sensors, the wiring and all the ground straps that were hooked up to the heat shields that are not there but must be reworked so the ECM can find the o2 sensors.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gotcha, I understand that alot better. To me that is that they bolt up but require work for ground straps and O2 sensors. Pretty simple, thanks deja :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.