Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Xterra and ALL of my 12V outlets are too small of operate any of my devices. Is there any place I can look to replace them? For those of you that have had this same problem, how did you go about resolving it?

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
2,369 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by too small. A 12V outlet is a standard size, unless the Japanese standard is different from the US or Europe. Maybe your 12V plug that goes into it needs to be checked in a different vehicle.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Admittedly some car power adapters are too long to fit the socket and stay put, but that's more of a design flaw in the cheap gas station chargers. If that's the issue you're having then my solution has been to rotate the charger in the receptacle until it clicks. There are slots inside the outlet. It generally stays put after that. The receptacles do appear to be a little more shallow than on my wife's 2008 Toyota.

You could see if you can find a universal replacement that is more to your liking.

If you are talking about power then you would have to rewire the outlets with heavier wire and of course use a bigger fuse...

On amazon there are a number of 30 - 60 watt USB charging receptacles available that you you have to wire in with a fuse. They look to be swapable with your light, but you would have to do some wiring.

Just look up quick charge 3.0 USB car charger socket on amazon and you should find plenty of options.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses everyone. I can plug things into them very easily, but the issue is that the plugs seem to be too short (not enough depth) for anything I plug into them to fit properly and work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts