Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i stop at a light on idle the xterra has like a shaking feeling kinda like hesitating to shut off but not completely and the rpm's does not move it stays around 700-800 i was told by some friends that it seems like i might need to do a tune up but i want others opinion any help would be great sorry i do not make much sense just hard to explain the feeling..
p.s. i did a wire and spark plug change probably 10,000 miles ago minus the 6th spark plug in the back because i could not reach nor did i have the right tool

xterra v-6 2wd automatic

·
Read Only
40 Posts
when i stop at a light on idle the xterra has like a shaking feeling kinda like hesitating to shut off but not completely and the rpm's does not move it stays around 700-800 i was told by some friends that it seems like i might need to do a tune up but i want others opinion any help would be great sorry i do not make much sense just hard to explain the feeling..
p.s. i did a wire and spark plug change probably 10,000 miles ago minus the 6th spark plug in the back because i could not reach nor did i have the right tool

xterra v-6 2wd automatic
Did you fix the problem? My X is running same as yours, I also replaced spark plugs but #6.
Let me know if your problem got fixed, thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you fix the problem? My X is running same as yours, I also replaced spark plugs but #6.
Let me know if your problem got fixed, thanks.
try changing the #6 plug. I realize it is hard to get to but it was not made to last forever. It may be bad and causing the problems your having.

·
Registered
21 Posts
you may need new air filter, clean MAF sensor. if you've not changed PCV valve lately, put a new one in ($5). and fuel filter at least after you've done these your X will better & smoother

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'd say clean your MAF sensor, and run seafoam through the vacuum lines, always helps with my idle these 2

·
Read Only
40 Posts
I'd say clean your MAF sensor, and run seafoam through the vacuum lines, always helps with my idle these 2
Just cleaned MAF sensor and ran seafoam.
The X engine was cold at this point, start it no problem, also the engine service light blinked and turned off (engine light has been on for a day before it turned off). Drove it to work, parked, 30 minutes later I started the engine (engine temp was still hot) and the rough idle showed up again, first gear, second, gave it some gas and rough idle goes away and can continue driving normaly.
Looks like it happens when the engine is hot and turn off for 10 - 30 minutes.
What's weird, If I've been driving the X, turn off the engine and start it again right away, I idle is normal, same when I start the engine in the morning (cold).
I should be getting an OBDII reader tomorrow, hopefully it will help with some extra info to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
66 Posts
similar issue I have with the X, sorry for multiple post, just can't figure it out.
replaced dizzy bearing, cap and rotor, plugs and wires, fuel filter and fuel pump, drive belts, thermostat next on the list would be timing belt and waterpump. could it be just my PCV valve? havent replaced that one yet. anybody knows where the PCV valve is located? maybe seafoaming the X too this weekend. Ill post if anything changes on the X after seafoam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts