Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am a new member to this forum and SO glad there is a forum for the Xterra!

Here is where my frustration is concerning a lift kit. I have a 2012 PRO-4X. I only want a couple/few inches of lift for ground clearance, but I still want it to roll into my garage. I have researched several lift/leveling kits and am hitting a road block with the PRO-4X model. It seems these "leveling" type lift kits (1 1/2"-2 1/2") raise the front more than the rear which is ok on an S or X model, because they sit a little lower in the front. The PRO-4X and Nissmo models sit level from the factory, so these kits will set the front about 3/4" to 1" higher than the rear. Daystar informed me that their kit won't work on my PRO-4X, and Pro-Comp (even though he had no note in his computer) says that is a probability due to the nature of this type of lift with a 2 1/2" spacer in front and 1 1/2" shackle for the rear.

I have two questions then to you guys who may know:

1. What can I do with the smaller lift/"leveling" type lift kit to get the rear up the extra inch or so to make the truck ride level (or even a little higher in the rear because I pull a trailer and travel loaded a lot)?

2. If I have to go with a full suspension lift (4"-6"), will that set my PRO-4X level as it is now or will that cause the same issue?

Thanks in advance for any information you guys can provide. I have only owned my Xterra for about a year and am now trying to get it set up with accesories, rims, lift, etc.

Spankie

·
Registered
507 Posts
You can get a 2 inch spacer for the front and an add a leaf pack and adjustable shackles from PRG or Nistech. That will help with the weak rear springs and keep the forward rake.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Sounds like what you need is an adjustable kit. You've got a few options, top of which are:

PRG
Nisstec (Front) (Rear)

Both of those kits lift the front with a puck spacer that sits on top of the shock and basically pushes everything down a few inches, while the rear shackle adds some extra play in the leaf springs and does the same thing pushing them down at an adjustable rate of 1, 1.5, and 2 inches.

If you go with a kit like that, being that your truck is a 2012 you'll also want to get some camber bolts so that you can align the front once it's all on, and though the shocks will definitely work for the time being, you'll want to eventually consider upgrading to longer shocks to make the ride nicer.

Good luck! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys!! I am checking out PRG and Nisstec! I knew there had to be something for my PRO-4X that would work. Thanks again!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm running 2012 pro-4x with the daystar kit, which consist of front spacers and the shackle kit, I needed to purchase separately the adjustable camber bolts (moog) which I bought on amazon, In order to achieve proper alignment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts