Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 2002 Nissan Xterra and everything is working very well. Everything power works but my power locks won't do anything. All the doors won't unlock and when ever I click the button all I hear is clicking down by the drivers feet. Any possible fixes?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I do not know much about electrical in cars but could the issue be with relays? if they even use relays? the clicking sounds like it could be a bad relay, try to see if you can locate the clicking sound by locking and unlocking your doors

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do not know much about electrical in cars but could the issue be with relays? if they even use relays? the clicking sounds like it could be a bad relay, try to see if you can locate the clicking sound by locking and unlocking your doors
This white box seems to be where the noise is coming from I unplugged the three harnesses that were on it and plugged them back in. Still nothing

Attachments

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Remove the trim on the rear hatch door, and check the lock cylinder where the wires plug into the back of it.

If it is loose or unplugged, the control module on board won't actuate the power locks!!!! I had the same problem a few years ago and the wire harness that plugs into the hatch lock cylinder to lock/unlock had come unplugged. It disabled ALL of the power locks in the vehicle.

I am not certain off the top of my head if the other doors react similarly...but I would check the wiring to make sure none of the lock cylinders came unplugged.

If the control module senses an open circuit on the power lock circuit...it won't send any power to the door locks. It is a very rare thing and I actually only found one single post through hours of searching on here with another person having the same problem...but sure enough, it worked for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Remove the trim on the rear hatch door, and check the lock cylinder where the wires plug into the back of it.

If it is loose or unplugged, the control module on board won't actuate the power locks!!!! I had the same problem a few years ago and the wire harness that plugs into the hatch lock cylinder to lock/unlock had come unplugged. It disabled ALL of the power locks in the vehicle.

I am not certain off the top of my head if the other doors react similarly...but I would check the wiring to make sure none of the lock cylinders came unplugged.

If the control module senses an open circuit on the power lock circuit...it won't send any power to the door locks. It is a very rare thing and I actually only found one single post through hours of searching on here with another person having the same problem...but sure enough, it worked for me.

Old thread I know but I have the exact same problem. Fob wont work even with new batteries. Manual switch on drivers door to centrally lock all doors does not work either. Same clicking noise coming from white box by drivers feet. Checked fuses which seem fine. Checked rear hatch lock and all seems fine although the rear hatch has never worked with central locking since I had the vehicle. Had a flat battery recently so not sure if that has caused a problem. Just wondering if someone has some magic for me.
Thx.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts