Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
02 SE/SC
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Now that I've replaced the KS in my '02 SC, along with the muffler, it's running smooth and quiet. I've noticed, however, that there seems to be a jump in power at around 3K RPM. I know the supercharger is running all the time, so I can't explain why there's such a noticeable bump.

Anyone have a clue stick to hit me with?

Brad

·
Registered
02 SE/SC
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just did the timing when I replaced the belt a few months ago. Is it likely to need adjusting?

A month or so prior to that I'd done the starer fluid spray in the engine bay with no change in the RPM.

Granted, that was a few months ago, but at least as of then, it was running good. I should point out that it's got oomph off the line that was utterly missing when the KS code was there.

And, after a bit of driving today, it's only obvious when I stomp on the gas. When I accelerate slowly, there's no perceived change. When I accelerate hard, it gives me a bit of a boost around 2800 RPM.

Just how it's designed?

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
1,226 Posts
More than likely. Mine doesn’t have a supercharger so I’m not sure on that one but with your KS code, your SC will bypass. Probably just running how it’s supposed to now

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,027 Posts
I think I need to test drive it for a few years to help you arrive at a conclusion... ;)

·
Registered
02 SE/SC
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha! After all the work I put into this thing, ain't no one driving it 'cept me (and maybe my daughter, since it's technically hers).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts