Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie Xterra owner (2008) here. Had a couple of post lift questions: Just installed a 2” lift (spacers, add-a-leaves (Tuff country spacers & Rancho long leaves). Bought some cam bolts as well, awaiting install and an alignment to finish her off…. Anyway, lift went on without a hitch and it looks great with my new 285/75’s. Picked up a very subtle driveshaft vibration between 32-38mph, which brings me to my questions: I expect some shims will correct this. I see they come in varying degrees. What do you recommend (2 degree, 3 degree or ??) Also, is this vibration going to cause any issues or damage until I can address it or is it just simply a mild irritant? Don’t feel it at any other speeds. I should have added the shims during the lift install but after reading a lot of posts, I thought the odds were in my favor of not having an issue (Murphy’s Law I suppose). Also, will adding a mild (1 inch or so) shackle, make this worse and if so, should I get a more aggressive shim if that is my plan? Lastly, is there an option to drop the xfer case in lieu of the shims? Thanks everyone.

Red

1 - 1 of 1 Posts