Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
whoever owned your xterra probably did not take good care of it. Porsches are usually bought buy people who love cars and take good care of it. Thats probably why your Porsches has less issues then your Xterra. Heck I have been the only owner for my xterra since it had 30k miles and only ever needed to replace valve cover gasket and distributor. I now have 119k miles and running strong.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well your probably right..ive put 30,000 miles on my 944 in the last year with zero issues. ive spent almost $1000 on the xterra trying to get the check engine light off and have put less than 500 on it.lol Bad thing is I bought it so I wouldn't have to use a Porsche as a daily driver

·
Registered
248 Posts
but... why... would you NOT want to use a Porsche as a daily driver?!?!?! cars are made to be used and especially those as beautiful as the ones you have! Drive, drive with a mad smile on your face!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very true..I think that's why it runs so well. But the 944 has to have a new timing belt every 30,000 miles so I would rather not run the miles up going to work since I put 300 a week going to work. But vie done it for 2 years.lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
Very true..I think that's why it runs so well. But the 944 has to have a new timing belt every 30,000 miles so I would rather not run the miles up going to work since I put 300 a week going to work. But vie done it for 2 years.lol
OK, you have a valid point with the timing belt frequency. It is good to see someone use those amazing machines for their purpose instead of collecting dust. It makes me so angry when I see people, especially in 911 Turbos, being driven like Honda Civics. I hate people buying great cars as a status symbol and for the hood ornament.

Bravo to you sir! You have not only one BUT two fantastic cars!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts