Nissan XTerra Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just wondering how long it took you guys to get your shackles from 4x4parts.com?(for those of you who ordered from them) I know they're made to order but I've been waiting for almost 3 weeks without a shipping notification. I just really want to get my PML in lol

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 V6
8,886 Posts
Just wondering how long it took you guys to get your shackles from 4x4parts.com?(for those of you who ordered from them) I know they're made to order but I've been waiting for almost 3 weeks without a shipping notification. I just really want to get my PML in lol
Call them and see what the hold up is.

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
Thanks, talked to them the other day and my stuff is on its way. Guess I hit a pretty busy time of the year for them.
ECXC for example is coming up, and a lot of people order stuff to mod in preparation for that, etc.

Spring/summer is prime off roading time for most people in general.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mhm figured with summer coming up and with it being tax season as well that a lot of orders would going through, didnt think of all the events coming up as well. Good point. Just can't wait to get my lift in. Will try to post pics when it's done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alright so my shackles came on Tuesday and I got them in the truck at lunch today. My rear was already a bit lower than the front so they turned out to be more like a leveling kit than a lift but thats exactly what I wanted it to do so I'm happy with the look of it. I also didn't have to touch the torsion bars.
Before

After

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that posted their setup... What questions I had were answered in these 5 pages... Digging this forum already compared to some of the GM truck ones full of "kids" and the non-stop hating on each other and the general lack of useful information.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need Advice

Hello from Atlantic Canada.
I just bought a 2002 Se 4x4 and it came with great new 265/70/R17 tires. I know that the rig needs new shocks and i plan on buying Bilsteins. MY issue is these tires being 1" bigger than factory seem to hit the wheels in the back even with a small bump. In the front these tires seem to rub on the plastic bumper cover when turning. I would have thought that being a 70, not factory 65 should not do this.
SO, Do i have to spend the money to lift this rig, which i don't mind, I just don't want to spend a lot. And I will not be off roading with it. I just like the look of the bigger tires. and I do not want to get stuck in the many snow banks we have up here.

Thanks in Advance
Les

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Hello from Atlantic Canada.
I just bought a 2002 Se 4x4 and it came with great new 265/70/R17 tires. I know that the rig needs new shocks and i plan on buying Bilsteins. MY issue is these tires being 1" bigger than factory seem to hit the wheels in the back even with a small bump. In the front these tires seem to rub on the plastic bumper cover when turning. I would have thought that being a 70, not factory 65 should not do this.
SO, Do i have to spend the money to lift this rig, which i don't mind, I just don't want to spend a lot. And I will not be off roading with it. I just like the look of the bigger tires. and I do not want to get stuck in the many snow banks we have up here.

Thanks in Advance
Les
Those tires should fit fine with the only exception being the lip that the front mud flaps attach to, which you'll probably have to snip off. If they're hitting your front bumper it's probably sagging. If not, you could trim it. They shouldn't be hitting anything in the back. 33s fit the back.

The PML lift doesn't create room for tires FYI. Body lift or cutting are the only two options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks xtacular
Ok, So since the back seems to be sagging and you say the tires should fit, maybe the leaf springs need replacement. I could send a pic, but the rig seems low. I could ask the dealer for the specs on the height and measure it and see. Since im going with good shocks i would like to replace the leaf springs if needed at the same time.

thanks
les

41 - 57 of 57 Posts