Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the xterra gang I already love this beaut! Got an 02 supercharged, got some questions, looking and adding a PML but what is the recommendation on it, on stock control arms stock everything the guy I bought it from had 31x10.50R15 when I got a bump it scrapes the top fender, anyways anyways any suggestions to get that level?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Don't think the PML will help much with the tires. As far as getting it level, I had MORE rake after the PML since I didn't use adjustable shackles, and didn't want to mess with replacing my torsion bars. so get the adjustable ones if you want it level.

·
Registered
451 Posts
How about just start with the body lift? It will keep your x level, well as level as it is right now anyway... That will help you clear the tires and the lift will be more noticeable than the pml is. You can piece the body lift kit together for <$150. Just search for part numbers, they're on here somewhere.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hmm okay, so then next question, how about schackle in the back with body lifting pucks in front then?
You cant do that, body pucks everywhere or nowhere. Because of the body being all one part, if it was a pickup you could not body lift the bed but there is a gap between the bed and the cab, not so in the xterra.
The body lift sounds like there is not much downside to it.

Going with the adjustable schackles gives you options over no adjustable.

But it sounds like you will want to go to the body lift.

I just cut the fenders a lot to fit a 32" tire and it still rubs a bit but i am ok with that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
31's will not hit the top of your fender. You may want to find out what is causing that noise you hear.
Maybe the torsion bars are set too low (lower then factory) If it really is the top of the fender that hits.

Bigger tires rub at the mud flaps and the bumper not the top of the fender. And 31's are not really that big.

Can you post a photo of how it looks with the tires?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Torsion bars have zero effect on hitting the top of the fender. Now the bumpstop that RacerXXL is referring to is the bumpstop limits the wheel down travel. If you crank your torsion bars too much and do not leave enough gap from the UCA to the bumpstop; then you will be constantly hitting that bumpstop whenever you hit speed bumps and holes in the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts