Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not an actual picture of my vehicle. Anyways, the tubing on the top is plastic; it has cracked, so I bypassed it. Of course I have no heat now. Any suggestions on how I can repair it without going too deep in my pockets?

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,383 Posts
Have to replace the pipes that connect to the heater core it requires a lot of disassembly of the dash and it sucks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping there may be another solution, even a Jerry rigged one of it works. I'm not looking forward to getting into the dash

·
Registered
'03 Xterra SE 2WD, 175K
19 Posts
I was hoping there may be another solution, even a Jerry rigged one of it works. I'm not looking forward to getting into the dash
i was able to replace the tubes on my '03 without the dash removal - just the glovebox and heater ductwork where the a/c evaporator & cabin air filters are housed need to be removed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine broke when I did my Body lift. I "temporarily" jerry rigged it by just clamping it back on there with the same stock clamp. I made sure one side of the clamp was on the firewall side and the other side was on the piece that had broken off inside the tube.... that was 3 or 4 years ago, and it's still like that with no issues, not even a single leak.

·
Registered
576 Posts
This is not an actual picture of my vehicle. Anyways, the tubing on the top is plastic; it has cracked, so I bypassed it. Of course I have no heat now. Any suggestions on how I can repair it without going too deep in my pockets?
View attachment 76277
I had this happen and like another mentioned I was able to get it on enough to clamp it down. While researching fixes that didn't require dash removal I remember someone had found a tapered piece that screwed into the remaining section after applying epoxy or sealer then attaching the hose to it. Sorry I don't have a link but I think it was on Club Xterra.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts