Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 01 X and i bought the vehicle this way for dirt cheap with plans to fix it. It drives great if you keep it in 1st or 2nd gear but if you put it in drive it will just rev when it goes to shift into 3rd. p0744 and p0120 are the codes i have from scanning it. i just dont want to change the TPS or TCC solenoid and that not be it. Also i was just driving and the air bag light and abs light came on and the lights gradually dimmed like it was losing power. When you would turn the turn signal on the ABS light would pulsate with it too. Could that cause my trans problem or could it just be a ground of some sort. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
First off, go through every connection that is possible to get to and clean it with contact cleaner spray and add a small amount of dielectric grease, then check all grounds, and while you're doing all of this, leave the negative battery terminal off so it resets the ecu...if this doesn't help remedy it, check on here for a link to the FSM and check those sensors to see if they are within range

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

1 - 2 of 2 Posts