Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the x ran hot on me last week towing the pontoon, or at least the gauge said so. I topped off the water, belts and hoses look good. no oil in water or water in oil. Car still runs great. driving to work (1 hour commute) the temp wants to run up after about 30-40 minutes. Doesn't get out of normal operating range, but still up.there. It does run up some when stopped at stop lights but normally.goes back down some. I have checked the front grill and hood area over radiator and it doesnt feel hot when I stop so Im not entirely sure it really is hot!

A little background. I replaced timing belt early last year and replaced water pump and new 185 degree t-stat at that time. couple months later i was out of town and the fan clutch failed (running hot at stoplights) I put a new.fan clutch in it and no issues until now. I did replace the rad cap yesterday. if it just ran hot at stoplights id say fan clutch has failed but the running hotter after 30-40 minutes of driving puzzles me. If it was a bad t stat, it would not run fine for 30-40 minutes. Also, the issue that front end is not screaming hot when I get out
(its actually pretty cool.considering i drove an hour)

Fan clutch going bad? T stat going bad? bad sending unit? Anything else?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
man i'd almost be tempted to say bad coolant gauge probe with the background you gave for repairs but what brand did you use on the t tsta and fan clutch? and do you have good pressue while running on both radiator hoses?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts