Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 XTerra SE and use it as a daily driver. My wife complains that the seat is uncomfortable after extended drives (2 hrs or more); hurts her butt and lower back. The seat appears to be in pretty good condition, considering it's age.
I have thought about taking the seats to a local auto upholstery shop to see if they can do anything but, think that might cost as much, or more, than if I were to replace the seats.
Are there any good options for replacement seats for this generation XTerra? Would seats from a newer XTerra work? Are there any inexpensive aftermarket seats that would work?
Just looking for some decent, not crazy expensive, options.

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 V6
8,886 Posts
I’m not aware of any direct fit options from other Nissan products. The seats are terrible on long trips and have been since day one, purchased my truck new in 2000, and I have the same issues as your wife.

Best option is to look at offroad seats and find one you like. Issue is you really need to sit in them and try out the seat to make your choice. Kinda hard to find them anywhere in a shop or showroom to do that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts