Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have standard size first generation tires on my xterra, Yokohama Geolanders, I was wondering if anyone knew or knew how to look up the best psi for highway driving. I'm in Georgia and the temperature has been fluctuating a lot lately so when I tested the tires today they were way too low, ~30

Thanks for any help

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
Hey,

I have standard size first generation tires on my xterra, Yokohama Geolanders, I was wondering if anyone knew or knew how to look up the best psi for highway driving. I'm in Georgia and the temperature has been fluctuating a lot lately so when I tested the tires today they were way too low, ~30

Thanks for any help
Go look at your sidewalls, and write down the max psi and max load, and post it back here.

Also write down/post the actual size (265/70/16, etc...).

(Those numbers are not what you are looking for per se, albeit they do provide the information needed to calculate what you ARE looking for.)

>:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
some say do a chalk test.. i would say for highway driving, 34 psi would be good.
you want an even wear across the tire so too high and it'll wear more in the middle band, too low and it'll affect the outer bands. the higher the psi the lesser the rolling resistance and thus better mpg
are they LTs ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts