Nissan XTerra Forum banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
After we built the house in 05 we loaded 22 40# bags of stone into the X. It rode just fine and I could just back up to the places that needed some. 4x4 Wheelbarrow!
That reminds me of the time we drove our X behind our new house after we had a trench dug up for some conduit to be buried. We used the X as a tractor after dark back and forth several times to compact the replaced dirt. Our neighbors thought we were weird. Lol.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Towtruck.

I pulled my father-in-laws 10,000 lb early 90's lifted GMC Surburban 4X4 about 10 miles with a tow strap after he spun a main and some rod bearings. You should have seen the look on his face the whole way home, pissed cause he thought he needed to get a big a** 4X4 to have pulling power. LOL, silly Chevy fan! Never tried but I'm pretty sure I could out-wheel him.

:rofl-big:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Towtruck.

I pulled my father-in-laws 10,000 lb early 90's lifted GMC Surburban 4X4 about 10 miles with a tow strap after he spun a main and some rod bearings. You should have seen the look on his face the whole way home, pissed cause he thought he needed to get a big a** 4X4 to have pulling power. LOL, silly Chevy fan! Never tried but I'm pretty sure I could out-wheel him.

:rofl-big:
Rescue vehicle award! ;)

·
Registered
780 Posts
I've got a unique one for you.

No one's going to believe me because I never thought to take pics, but you can't make this stuff up...

As a well pump!

Let me explain a bit on this one.

Okay, technically it wasn't an Xterra, but a Nissan Hardbody pickup - same KA24 engine though!

I was visiting a small ranch my friend's family owns about 80 miles north of Tucson in the middle of freakin nowhere. The property has no electricity or any kind of modern utilities. There is good supply of groundwater though.

So my friend's uncle knows he needs to be able to pump a lot of water out to keep the plants hydrated in Arizona. He gets a good water pump, but the solar powered electric motor on it couldn't pump water out fast enough for it to actually reach all the plants before evaporating/soaking back into the ground.

So next step was to dig a trench by the well and drag this old (cheap) Hardbody with no wheels in place and half way bury it. The prop shaft is connected to the pump - start her up - rev it up - and SWOOSH! WATER FOR THE FARM!

The force of which water is blown out of the ground is amazing.
:fantastic:

·
Registered
122 Posts
i use mine to break arm and leg thick sticks for my fireplace. take two solid logs, place the stick on top and drive over it, breaks in half. beats using an ax or chainsaw. quicker and more fun

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Better pulling angle if using the shackles. Bet you would have been able to pull even harder!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Anniversary Card!

I just moved to Iowa from North Carolina, and my girlfriend came to visit me for our anniversary (flew in yesterday afternoon)...her first time flying to Iowa...So naturally I had to embarass her while picking her up from the air port!

Too bad I didn't have a PA horn hooked up to my CB...then it could have been one of those musical cards too!

:present-big:

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
bed once couldnt sleep so went for a drive fell asleep when i got back in the drivers seat lol, use it as a ladder as well, flashlight, desk for signing stuff, bench, open back hatch and sit in trunk, shelf for holding things to grab keys (with roof rack cups wont sit on top easily) tow truck(towed my friends car off the side of road to fix it no pics though unfortunatly

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
DO IT!!!! 3 bucks at wal mart for a glass chalk marker! LOL...she got a kick out of it when she saw me roll up after a month of not seeing each other :)

Totally a good idea!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I already had some that I use for my Camaro for drag racing. It is used for writing on the windshield your class and ET. I did it up before we went out for supper :D :D Thanks for the idea, it was great ! pics to follow...

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Mine's great as a time and money sink ;)

121 - 140 of 155 Posts