Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Was wondering if anyone knew if 2002 OEM Nissan X Front and/or Rear neoprene seat covers would actually fit on my 2001 X? I know it's 1St gen vs 2nd Gen but are they really that much different that the 02 covers wont fit on an 01?

Would appreciate any help or advice anyone could give on the matter. Found some 02 covers for cheap if I want them but would have to purchase them and have the covers mailed to me. Just don't want to lay out the cash if they aren't gonna work.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

·
Registered
403 Posts
yes, the seats are the same. 2001 and 2002 arent any different. the gen. change ocurred from 2004(1st gen) and 2005(2nd gen) they should fit fine! uh, by the way, where can you get some of those seat covers? ive been lookin everywhere for them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I literally just came in the house from installed the Xterra OEM seat covers that I found on Craigslist in Pennsylvania for $60.00 including shipping. Very nice.

I had been corresponding with another person on craigslist in the Kansas City area that had the same set in nice condition for same or similar price. You may want to check there. They were willing to ship.

·
Maul Crawler
1,630 Posts
yes, the seats are the same. 2001 and 2002 arent any different. the gen. change ocurred from 2004(1st gen) and 2005(2nd gen) they should fit fine! uh, by the way, where can you get some of those seat covers? ive been lookin everywhere for them
Actually that's not completely true. 2000 xterra seat covers with the netting and organizer on back of the passenger seat and the subsequent versions through 2002, DO NOT FIT 2002-2004. You can squeeze them on but after time the front seat covers will literally tear or burst at seams.

The 2002 seat covers usually fit a 2003 and 04 but will need to mod for the lumbar lever and knobs on side (I dont bother cuting for these sideknobs as i dont use them)

Finally there were also seats made specifically for 2003 and 2004 seats (both identical.)

Also somewhat related-the actual seats from 2000-2002 do not fit in 2003 and 04 xterras with lumbar support if you need to replace one.

CISO

·
Registered
403 Posts
Really I didn't know that? I knew 2000-2002 were different from 2003-2004 front end wise but not that the seats are changed. Thanks for the info! But the 2001's will still fit the 2002 correct?

-clayboy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts