Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here, first post. I searched and couldn't find anything similar to what's going on with my rig so here it is. I have a 2002 4wd with the supercharged 3.3. So when I'm driving, my odometer seems to work normal, speedo works normal, nothing is weird. But, whenever I shut it off and then turn it back on it pops up back where it started. Longer drives it'll go back further, shorter drives it'll only go back a few miles. What the heck is going on??

·
Registered
248 Posts
"Xterra, Back To The Future Edition"! I have never heard of that before myself, that's so strange, I wish I had some help to offer but I am very curious as to what is causing this. Does this affect your trip mileage as well?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Although this is kind of cool, it would become difficult to remember when to change your oil haha.

I would assume like most cars, that the mileage information is stored in the instrument cluster. Perhaps it is unable to save the recent data when your car is turned off and resets to its last known value?

I would definitely start there. Anything else odd about the instrument cluster?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly, hard to figure out mpg, maintenance etc. the only other weird thing with the cluster is I've noticed the fuel gauge dances a little here and there but I think it might be slosh? Seems a bit extreme though compared to what I have experienced in other rigs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.