Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 OR

So about a month ago on a very cold morning after a long road trip I took off on a trip to the grocery store, and was getting no heat. It was a pretty short trip to the store so i just figured "eh i guess the car didn't get up to operating temp." Well on a slightly longer trip later that day, it definitely got up to temp and still no heat, and the engine temp started to get a bit higher than it should have. Got home and saw there was little to no coolant in the reservoir. That was a mystery in itself since i usually check that pretty regularly. I filled up the radiator and reservoir to the proper levels, burped it as much as possible, and slowly but surely got some heat out of the thing. Well fast forward a month later and i'm still having some overheating issues. In stop and go traffic, going up hills, or cruising at highway speeds, the engine temp rises to the tick mark at the hot level on the gauge and stays there. The engine fan also comes on like a jet engine after driving for about 5 minutes even when the temp gauge isn't up too high. I replaced the thermostat but that had no effect. My first guess is air still stuck in the system somewhere, but after driving for a month and still trying to burp it when i get some free time, you'd think the air would have worked itself out one way or another. I'm getting to my wit's end with this problem, and I'm getting tired of having to drive around with the heat blasting just to ensure the temp stays down! Thanks so much for any advice you can provide!

·
Registered
444 Posts
You might still have an air bubbles trapped in there, I know the 1st gen has a bleeder valve on the intake, but I'm not sure about the 4.0...maybe Google bleeding procedures for your coolant system?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts