Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,,,

So I bought a HUD (head up display) that simply projects the (speedometer, battery voltage...etc) on the windshield. Unfortunaetly for some reason its not working correctly! It should run without any problems as soon as you plug it into the OBD 2 port but for some reason its not and it's just projecting 0 for the speedometer, fuel consumption etc etc.

Also I have tried it on multiple other vehicles and its working fine.

Car:2014 Xterra

This is the device:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Eoncore-Universal-Display-Interface-Speeding/dp/B011CIXFTQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1457031869&sr=8-2&keywords=hud[/ame]

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions ?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Check the fit of the plug. I really have to push hard to get my scangaugeII port fully engaged..to the point I use a supporting hand behind the dash plug as I'm afraid it'll break from the force.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same issue , 2015 xterra , Scanguage II hard wire connection does work , but the bluetooth OBD sender does not. The sender works in my Acura . Read somewhere that Nissan is using a special OBD protocol ?? hope someone can find a solution.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been all over the web trying to do my best to find the solution. I found nothing, lietrally nothing about the OBD 2 port in the owner's manual. But I found a guide on how to check if your car is "OBD 2 certified", it requires opening your engines hood and looking for a sticker under the hood that should say something like "OBD 2 certified".

Sticker is similar to this one in the upper corner:

But again, wierdly I didn't find this sticker. Maybe one of you guy's could kindly check ? prefer modern models.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I know Nissan uses a specific protocol that is obd2 compliant, but I do not think it is certified, contact the manufacturer and ask if they have an update for nissan vehicles

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
PML, EFan, stock intake mod, shocks, a bunch of maintenance, and a tune up coming soon

·
Registered
4 Posts
obd2

It is a Bluetooth sending unit. I was assuming your HUD required a Bluetooth OBD unit , my mistake. I have a Scanguage that is plug in type most likely like your HUD connection. ( works in Xterra and Acura). The Scanguage is somewhat limited but works ok.

However just in case your are not able to fix your HUD issue . I have an android phone , and using the Torque Pro Apps ( around $5.00) and the black OBD2 unit i can get very good data and displays on my phone . There is even Torque Apps , download specific for the Nissan (xterra included) and that gives you a ton of available data. In my case I simply attached my phone to the sun visor.

You can configure to display almost anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.