Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to this site. Have an 02 xterra 4x4 for 3 years now . Looking to change it up and lift it. I want to get a 3 inch suspension lift and 2 inch body lift withh 33 inch tires. Was wandering what suspension lift is recommended . Beem looking at calmini and 4x4 parts articulator 3 inch kit wich wouldnyou guy go for and is the install pretty difficult i do all my repairs on my xterra but never worked on suspension before.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Sweet looking truck already. Personally, I'd go with 4x4parts. Calmini is notorious for poor customer service and long delivery times.

Side note: One issue people have with the articulator package is gaining WAY too much lift in the rear compared to the front. Because of this most people leave the AAL out which solves that problem.

Install isn't too difficult as long as your somewhat mechanically inclined and aren't afraid to use some elbow grease to get the balljoint for the UCA out. That thing is a SOB and, in my opinion, the hardest part. Also doesn't hurt to have a helping hand and some beers! Lol

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
Most of the rear lift from the Articulator kit is the AAL, as the Revolver Shackles give LESS lift than the 3" Lift Kits' regular lift shackles.

Essentially, some never notice their X came with the butt higher than the nose by ~ 1.5"....and after the lift, notice, and suddenly think the butt was raised too much.

>:D

Anyway - the Articulator lift from AC/4x4parts is way better than the Calmini.

The main areas are the shocks, which are longer than stock instead of the Calmini's about stock length...so you get more articulation..

..and Cal's shocks are old fashioned twin tube crap, which fade fast, give a crappy ride/handling, and kick the bucket quickly, so you need new ones again anyway...

And the AAL, as Calmini uses a 2 leaf AAL, which is better than RANCHO's 1 leaf AAL, but not as good as Deaver's/AC's 3-Leaf AAL, which rides softer and flexes better.

The UCA are close enough in performance to not worry about. The shackles for the calmini kit are 6", the regular ones from AC are closer to 6.75" to 7" (They vary), but the Revolvers in the Articulator Kit open up even more, so you get a smoother ride and a lot (A LOT) more rear wheel travel.

The t-bars are similar enough, and so forth. So, its mostly a rear end difference...with the Articulator lift kit with bils giving the best combination of ride and travel...being tons better in both areas.

>:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts