Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting this out there now so people can plan ahead that are interested. The annual Coal Creek run has been pushed back to May 15th - 17th.

This run is open to anyone who owns a nissan and wants to get it dirty. You DO NOT have to be a NOAS member to attend. Last year was said to be a flop so I'm hoping we can blow it out this go round.

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
AW THATS POO

lol, i saw coal creek in may 09 and considered planning to come out there
but, i dont wheel my nissan

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it's that big of a problem if you're towing a trail rig with it. There's actually a guy who runs regularly with NOAS in a 4runner.

·
dannypoo
2,294 Posts
i could probably make this, ill have my presents by then surely, so i should be in. how about we make this the east CX meet too? make it a huge nissan meet. do like a CX+noas run. thatd be huge!

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
I don't think it's that big of a problem if you're towing a trail rig with it. There's actually a guy who runs regularly with NOAS in a 4runner.
how do you think my rig would do out there?

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
is it the place in TN?

if so it would take me roughly 18 hours straight driving to make the 945miles

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how do you think my rig would do out there?
Probably not near the amount of goopy mud you get into at General Sam's but still can be quite nasty after a rain or freeze. There's enough to offer on the trails there that you can go as hard as you're willing to push it.

I'll keep up with the details and update here when anything comes up. Things like camping locations, meeting spots, etc.

As for having it as a CX / NOAS run. Don't think it would work too well because basically, we are stealing the stage from the NOAS to use for our own gain. NOAS does trail upkeep there, makes donations and for a gathering, they may have had to pay a fee to host there. I wouldn't want to step on their toes in any way. Being that I'm a paying member of NOAS, I wouldn't want a club of any type trying to ride on my coattails. But I think it would be awesome if a bunch of CX members wanted to attend the NOAS run. Nothing wrong with that right?

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
on 2nd thought it should wait til the 2010 run
im not worried about mud there, im worried about the technical stuff that will get me all crossed up and strain alot of my 20 year old part i plan on replacing next summer
ball joint, tie rods, drag link, steering box, etc
al of these things are on the verge of failure, my BJ's have visible play in them, one is missin a boot, the tre's allow as much as 70* of play in the steering wheel

so yea, it will have to wait til i get the rig up to snuff, mud is soft, i have a suspicion that alot of what we will be hitting wont be very soft

if i have all this replaced by then its still an option

·
Registered
462 Posts
If your steering/suspension components are really that bad, you're gonna have some nasty wear patterns in your tires by next may. Get lifetime replacement crap from your local parts store so you can swap 'em out on occasion.

Assuming the truck is running by then (god, I hope so) I'll be there. I'm quite curious what we're gonna do about camping. They've taken away all of the free places, and the pay places aren't really that big at the moment. It was fine last year when our NOAS run was um, 3 trucks? lol yea. We still had a damn blast though, we covered a crazy amount of trails. Wouldn't call that a flop so much as pathetic turn out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I will try to make it

·
Registered
789 Posts
This will surely be one of the best runs for 2009, we'll be there fo sho!!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Affirmative

Seriously, Jim, your gonna come down to CC?!?!?
Dude, that'd be friggin' awesome to see your X in action!
Already on the calendar Stevin, looking forward to wheeling with ya bro!

·
Registered
534 Posts
This could be a possible for me. I will have to see closer to the date and how much money I have. I've already had to push my BL back for atleast another month or so. This would be great though b/c I would be out of school for the summer.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts