Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What a freakin' awesome weekend! Even though the forecasts called for thunderstorms and flash flooding, it held off everyday until we were off the trails. Pretty good bit of carnage earned throughout the group. Not many escaped unscathed. I myself put an end to an idler arm and my CEL came on yesterday morning but it's probably just a vapor leak. Tuff brought out his newly SAS'd X and "broke" it in nicely and I don't mean that figuratively but he has got the sickest flex I've seen.

Jim (La Rana) it was great to meet you and your wife but hate I had to leave early Saturday but I had to get back home asap. Really wanted to hear some trail talk at the end of the day.

Stephen (sp?) it was good to meet and wheel with you as well along with your buddies.

Stevin, glad you could ride along but hate I didn't have room in mine. The X is looking good. Get some new shoes on it and you'll be set. Oh... and fix your steering ;)

Daniel... you wuss... :p Anytime somebody tells me "something came up" it usually involves a female so that will be your only acceptable excuse. Don't pull some "I had to work" crap. hahaha

Anyways... on to the pics:

The majority of the group. Minus Brock, Tuff, Ricardo and two others I believe.

From the Stock Group:

Xterra Cafe

Link to the rest:
http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg172/X-ray_2/NOAS 2009/

Now to get to work on the videos.

·
Super Moderator
3,779 Posts
Nice pics. Thanks!!!

·
dannypoo
2,294 Posts
sweet, looks like a fun trip! im really sorry i couldnt make it. long story. i wanna see more pics! steven, where are yours?!
what about you stevin?
:)

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'm interested to see what Stevin was able to get. He rode with Andy in the extreme group and Jim (La Rana) went with the moderate group. The moderates were the largest group with probably close to 10 or 12 rigs. I had 5 in mine including me and I think another 5 or 6 were in the extreme group. The extremes hit #15 and #39 which are some seriously gnarly trails so Stevin may have some really good ones.

I hope Stephen (the other Stephen.. lol) got some pics or video of me dragging that 2WD frontier up all of those hill climbs. We had a group of atv's stop and watch one of the pulls I had to do. They said something to the effect of there's no way an xterra can pull that thing up this hill. Needless to say, I proved them wrong and I'll be honest, it surprised the hell out of me that it did it so well. XTERRA FTW!!!

It was an awesome weekend. I really wanted to stay around Saturday night but I was just so exhausted that I needed to get home. I've got a LOT of work to do on mine over the next week or two. Some routine maintenance, replace a belt, plugs and wires and replace that busted idler arm.

·
Registered
789 Posts
NOAS rocks...literally

Wow, must say that was really an awesome couple of days on the trails with NOAS!! These guys can wheel, and Coal Creek kicks @ss!! One major cool thing I noted was how whenever a trail issue arises all the guys immediately swarm the rig in need like a pit crew with tools or supplies to resolve and keep the run moving.

Coal Creek has four trail levels: easy, moderate, difficult, and extreme. Friday we ran together with about 10 rigs. On Saturday we had 21 rigs show, and broke up into three groups: stock, moderate, and extreme. The extreme group rigs were either an SAS, and/or didn't care about significant body damage, LA RANA is not an SAS rig and she has only 38k miles so we ran in the moderate group...was perfect fit. :)

It was great meeting you too Drake, and Stevin as well. Stevin next time out you'll have to ride with us some to, but I don't blame you from wanting to ride with the extreme group...one day (far future) I hope to SAS LA RANA and we'll be one of those.

Here are a few more pics.

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man those are some great shots from the moderate group!

What trails did you guys hit Saturday?

I was wanting to wheel with that group but with the shape my steering was in, leading the stockers was best for my DD but our group had a really great run as well. Super friggin' slick!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Man those are some great shots from the moderate group!

What trails did you guys hit Saturday?
We did 34, 11, and went down 3. I would have love to had time to go up 3.
I also did 22 friday night. That was slick.

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We did 34, 11, and went down 3. I would have love to had time to go up 3.
I also did 22 friday night. That was slick.
Matt, Tuff and I went up 3 Friday after Brock had the t-case u-joint issue and Brian exhausted himself on Rattle Rock. It is definitely a fun one. That's where I trashed my idler arm. Matt said my right front wheel was flopping crazy under power. I've got video of them doing it and I think Tuff got a small video of me bouncing and launching my way up. Matt got another good 3-wheel shot on it as well.

You should have seen 22 Saturday morning. The atv's chewed that thing up something awful compared to what it was when I did it Friday. I had to strap up Stan in that 2WD fronty either 2 or 3 times on that trail.

I hate I couldn't stay around Saturday night but when we were on our way into Oak Ridge Saturday afternoon, I got a call from my best friend's wife that he went in the hospital and I needed to get back asap. I may not make Harlan because of work but I'm hoping to make it to Uwharrie in the fall.

I'm going to work on my video tonight and get it posted up hopefully by late tonight.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
DAMN,DAMN and DOUBLE DAMN :mad:. I wanted to go with you guys so bad. I even took my rear sway bar off. I was going to come up there Saturday afternoon but as it turned out my kid had to make up 4 ball games (surprise) because of all the rain we've been having. By the time all that was done it was 3:00. I'm kicking myself for not just going straight there. I had plans to go Sunday but after talking to Drake it sounded like everyone was finished and heading home, so I missed out:(.
Great pictures by the way.

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hate you couldn't make it man. We were looking forward to you showing up and reppin' the 2nd gens along with La Rana. Hate to pour salt in the wounds but here's a little video Brian whipped up from the trip. I'm only in it for like 3 seconds because I was filming or spotting most of the time.

·
Registered
789 Posts
awesome video, thanks for the link Drake

·
Registered
103 Posts
DAMN,DAMN and DOUBLE DAMN :mad:. I wanted to go with you guys so bad. I even took my rear sway bar off. I was going to come up there Saturday afternoon but as it turned out my kid had to make up 4 ball games (surprise) because of all the rain we've been having. By the time all that was done it was 3:00. I'm kicking myself for not just going straight there. I had plans to go Sunday but after talking to Drake it sounded like everyone was finished and heading home, so I missed out:(.
Great pictures by the way.
Come to Harlan with us.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Harlan will be wicked bad!!

Come to Harlan with us.
X2...that will be another killer run I'm looking forward too...August 14, 15, & 16.

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really want to check out Harlan but if the schedule stands as it is right now, I'll be working through the Harlan run but Uwharrie on the other hand looks wide open. If you guys could pull the 9+ hour drive to CC then I think I can manage the 10 it would take me to get up there for that one.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts