Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a cross-post from NOAS from the event coordinators:

***This is an open run. You need to be at least 18yrs old (or have a parent with you), be responsible, and own a Nissan to attend. That is it!

Coal Creek - May 15-17

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/

Alright everyone…..we are 2 months from the Coal Creek run in TN. I for one have never been to CC, but I will be there this year without a doubt. I have a sneaky suspicion that this years run is going to be an awesome run with many attendees.

I’ll do my best to post up useful information for everyone here. If I miss anything, please let me know and I’ll update this post accordingly.

I’ll also start a thread or two to discuss camping and attendance.

Everyone please do what you can to be at this years CC run! I hear very good things about the trails at CC and I for one would like to have a large NOAS presence at this years run!

Thanks!

As Brian (Houdini) said, this will be his first time to CC and if you want to see one very sick frontier, his is the one to see. This will also probably be the big debut of Tuff's xterra with the SAS and I think even Daniel (Tameroflions) has a little surprise he's going to be wanting to show off.

This is an open run so you DO NOT have to be a NOAS member to ride. The trails range from mild to wild and there is enough at CC to keep everybody busy and having a great time for the whole weekend. Repeat: this is not just for modded rigs! Stock rigs are welcome and rides are grouped by experience and rig capability so don't fear that you will be outmatched on the trails or in over your head. Attendees will be seperated into groups according to modifications (or willingness to test your mettle).

We are wanting to get an idea of the possible number of attendees so we can hope to reserve a large area of the campground strictly for us Nissans.

So let's hear it! Who's comin' with me?!

·
Registered
789 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Oh I'm most definately there!!!

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump!!!

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Count me in.

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to go....
Want to or will go? hahaha

It only costs you the entrance fee to the park. You don't have to be a member of NOAS to come along. The only requirements are a nissan and an urge to get it dirty.

This park has ruined me as far as comparing it to others I've been to. Average park around me is hardly over 1,000 acres and 10 to 15 miles of trails. Coal Creek is 78,000 acres and over 160 miles of trails! And it has enough of a variety of trails to keep everybody busy all day with their rigs from the bonestock to the custom crawlers.

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It looks like Brock is going to make it. I can't wait to see this rig in action:

OH and it looks like Brian and Brock are going to attempt to run Rattle Rock too!!!

·
Premium Member
10,890 Posts
I would like to go, just do not think I could hang with yall with only 2 wheel drive.
You still can come...just ride along with one of us in 4x4 if you want to do that.

I want to go....
You should attend. You'll have a great time.

BTW, Mechcad - did you get my PM last week? Let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
789 Posts
It looks like Brock is going to make it. I can't wait to see this rig in action:

Right on Brock is a cool bro, I've wheeled with him a couple times, and his truggy friggin rocks (literally)!!

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I'm stoked to finally see it person. The only thing that would make this run better was if Richard finished his fronty and had it there.

The Rattle Rock challenge sort of started as a joke and then it was a dare and now they both seem to really be looking forward to it. It's gonna be awesome!

RedX is supposed to be coming too!

·
dannypoo
2,294 Posts
i take partial blame for richards rig not being ready...sorry!
he has become insanely busy tho, like he hasnt even finished my bumpers yet...so its not totally my fault.

im pumped to see brock's rig, i doubt ill actually be wheeling w/ him tho. :)

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Probably not as will the majority of us there. They are going to work this out to where it's more of a spectator event to see them attempt this for those that want to park and watch. It won't be restricted to just the hardcore group.

As for Richard, yeah he's friggin' slammed. He's got his rig he is trying to build, his girlfriend's X he is re-SASing pretty much and then the flood of slider/bumper orders he gets. That's why I backed out on getting him to make my rear-carrier. He's just got too much on his plate and I can put the money I would have spent on that to better (more like more responsible) use anyways.

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump!

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't friggin' win!!!

Once again the man has screwed me out of another NOAS run. I've been prepping for this run for a month now. I've only gone wheeling once this whole year because I was saving my rig to really open it up that weekend. This is setup to be the largest NOAS run in a long long time with a LOT of people and I'm going to friggin' miss it. I'm now scheduled to be working in Orlando for two weeks around that weekend.

You guys better take a lot of vids and pics!!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Damn Drake that sucks. You could always drive down to Orlando and meet up with some of the guys down there and go wheelin'

1 - 20 of 145 Posts