Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Xterra Pro-4X with the factory towing package. I have towed to separate trailers with the vehicle and experienced the same issue - no running lights. I have turn signal and brake lights but no running lights. I have checked fuse F4 (Trailer Tow) and it is fine. I have no power to the brown wire on the harness at the plug. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Had you tried to unplug the wire and check for voltage right where the wire is plugged into? Or maybe check the relays on the passenger side to see if there isn't any connection than also check for voltage there. I never heard of this issue so I'm just tossing you ideas. Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked for voltage at the plug and there is none for the brown wire (for trailer running lights). I have not checked the relays so I will start there. Does anyone know if there are any in-line fuses between the wiring harness at the rear of the vehicle and the main wiring harness?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is an old thread, but I'm having the same issue with my 2014 xterra.

I actually tried a circuit tester on the socket for the F4 fuse, and there is nothing there, so whatever is wrong it's between (?? IDK were) and the fuse box itself. Nothing is getting to the F4 fuse.

Anyone have any hints on where to check next?

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, but someone else on another forum already sent me PDFs of the entire FSM.

That helped a lot to trace things down. Ironically, I never actually figured out what was going on. Not to mention that a couple of towing relays do not exist on my xterra. After a lot of trouble shooting, unplugging and plugging things back in, swapping relays and stuff, at some point it just started working. I'm going on the assumption that something was simply not plugged in fully, or was dirty, and the messing around with all the connectors eventually resolved it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts