Nissan XTerra Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lock and unlock with the hard key in the door, and the alarm will stop. I have tried the remote lock/unlock and that works too. Satito's answer is interesting also.

I have an '03 X and I have been using stock cut keys for years. Bought it new in 11/02 and use those keys for when I
Well you better not tell this suppler that!
Amazon.com. Spend less. Smile more. › Transpo...
Amazon.com: Transponder Key Blank Fits 2002 2003 2004 Nissan Xterra: Car ...
[/QU
lost my set of keys. Had toddler grands at the time and I put one stock cut key in a magnet case in wheel well for backup in case I locked them in the car by accident. Just got some made at Home Depot and, as always, got feedback that "this won't work". But they do for me both in ignition and door locks. 2 turns unlocks all doors. I recently ordered backup remotes on Amazon and they were pretty easy to program. Now I have lots of keys and remotes!! :geek:
They always tell me it won't work but if you insist they will make the key.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have to make your own chirping noise and you'll need a flashlight too. Try to get a flashlight with a pushbutton. Turn key to left to lock - make single chirp, flash light once. Turn key to right make two chirp noise and flash light twice. If anyone approaches simply flash light repeatedly and yell honk honk honk till the person leaves. Save $50.

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
1,222 Posts
These vehicles do not have a immobilizer key but some do have an immobilizer. There’s a starter interrupt relay that triggers with the theft alarm. Should be some threads about bypassing that guy

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,021 Posts
You have to make your own chirping noise and you'll need a flashlight too. Try to get a flashlight with a pushbutton. Turn key to left to lock - make single chirp, flash light once. Turn key to right make two chirp noise and flash light twice. If anyone approaches simply flash light repeatedly and yell honk honk honk till the person leaves. Save $50.
For those from New Jersey, make sure you say "Choip"! :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just to add to the confusion here... I snagged the keyfob from a 2008 Altima and, using the Dealer method of key on/off, it has been working with my 2004 XE for over year now. YMMV, of course...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2004 Xterra XE 3.3 4x4 there's no chip in the original key. I had a copy made so I'll have a spare, $3 at a local family owned hardware store. Originally, after I bought my X, I went to Walmart to get a copy made, the guy said he couldn't copy it, it was factory programmed with a chip, I'll have to go to the Nissan dealer. Obviously, he was wrong.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,021 Posts
The back of the remote for my 2004 has a square spot but no engraving and no label. There is no information on it whatsoever. It has the same look as the type with FCC ID KBRASTU15, but it doesn't say anything.

The 2 remotes I ordered say they work on 2002 - 2004, plus a bunch of 2nd Gen Xterras.

Following the directions, I can't get them to work, but my original still does. The same thing happened when I tried another one last month.

I popped open one of the new ones (right, below) to make sure the battery was not dead and saw that it has a 26.000 MHz crystal. Also, the battery has plenty of juice.

Does anyone know what frequency the stock (left, below) crystal transmits on? It looks like it could be 31.501 MHz, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think there is enough information on YouTube about this. When I bought my used cars, I seemed to have a similar problem, I don't remember exactly

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
1,222 Posts
Just to add to the confusion here... I snagged the keyfob from a 2008 Altima and, using the Dealer method of key on/off, it has been working with my 2004 XE for over year now. YMMV, of course...
no you didn’t. The 2007+ Altima uses an intelligent key that is completely incompatible. You must have an older one

21 - 31 of 31 Posts