Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st, do 2000 X have chip in key? Does anyone know how to disable security in a 2000? Im desperate for help here....please my 2000 wont start ....help

·
Registered
2004 Xterra Xe 3.3 liter N A V6 Auto Major Transformation Mod in progress Trans
6 Posts
1st, do 2000 X have chip in key? Does anyone know how to disable security in a 2000? Im desperate for help here....please my 2000 wont start ....help
Yes there is a chip in the transponder key . Search YouTube for information on disabling and or removing the immo from the ecm .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes there is a chip in the transponder key . Search YouTube for information on disabling and or removing the immo from the ecm .
When i look up getting a replacement key , all websites say the 2000 doesnt have a chip. So im very confused. Also, the key i use for my door is just a regular silver key. Ive only had this particular X for 5 days.....im so sad....my 2001 never had any kind of issue like this. Just so im clear, what is the immo?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Find or search for a app or web site to decide your vin for answers also you can contact Nissan on line or a dealership service department

·
Registered
6 Posts
Find or search for a app or web site to decide your vin for answers also you can contact Nissan on line or a dealership service department
Sorry about the typo I was saying to de code you vin number
When i look up getting a replacement key , all websites say the 2000 doesnt have a chip. So im very confused. Also, the key i use for my door is just a regular silver key. Ive only had this particular X for 5 days.....im so sad....my 2001 never had any kind of issue like this. Just so im clear, what is the immo?
Xterra Immobilizer Control Unit , the anti theft system ,, you need to use Immobilizer in your search phrase ... Like how to bypass or remove or reprogram or disable the Xterra your year model , try that, you Will be reading for a few hours

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about the typo I was saying to de code you vin number

Xterra Immobilizer Control Unit , the anti theft system ,, you need to use Immobilizer in your search phrase ... Like how to bypass or remove or reprogram or disable the Xterra your year model , try that, you Will be reading for a few hours
Thanks so much i appreciate it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much i appreciate it
So, just asking.....there is actually a sure fire way to correct the problem right? If it was taken to a dealership they would know exactly what to do but its very costly? Is that the major issue with correcting this problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think that's a fair assumption

·
Registered
2004 Xterra SE V6 M/T
72 Posts
Hey, I don't have a 2000 X but I did get a motor from a 2000 frontier and it didn't have a chipped key. I think that @RacerXXL has a 2000 and I know @Blackberry can probably help you with this as well.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Pretty sure the keys are not chipped until the gen2's. I've got a 200 Frontier that is not chipped and my 2003 X is not chipped either. It's possible that it depends on trim level, but I'm pretty confident the gen 1 is not chipped.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Pulled this from another thread. It might be worth a try.

Instructions- you’ll need two keys to the car

Resetting the Alarm
1 Close all of your car doors.
2 Insert one key in the driver’s door lock and cycle it to the "Lock" position, and then back to the "Unlock" position two times. Leave the key in the door.
3 Open the door and enter your car and insert your key into the ignition.
4 Cycle the key in the ignition from the "Off" position to the "On" (not crank, just on) position twice in a row. The alarm will emit a chirping sound after turning the ignition to the "On" position the second time. This will reset the alarm.
5 Crank car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lock and unlock with the hard key in the door, and the alarm will stop. I have tried the remote lock/unlock and that works too. Satito's answer is interesting also.

I have an '03 X and I have been using stock cut keys for years. Bought it new in 11/02 and use those keys for when I lost my set of keys. Had toddler grands at the time and I put one stock cut key in a magnet case in wheel well for backup in case I locked them in the car by accident. Just got some made at Home Depot and, as always, got feedback that "this won't work". But they do for me both in ignition and door locks. 2 turns unlocks all doors. I recently ordered backup remotes on Amazon and they were pretty easy to program. Now I have lots of keys and remotes!! :geek:

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,027 Posts
Lock and unlock with the hard key in the door, and the alarm will stop. I have tried the remote lock/unlock and that works too. Satito's answer is interesting also.

I have an '03 X and I have been using stock cut keys for years. Bought it new in 11/02 and use those keys for when I lost my set of keys. Had toddler grands at the time and I put one stock cut key in a magnet case in wheel well for backup in case I locked them in the car by accident. Just got some made at Home Depot and, as always, got feedback that "this won't work". But they do for me both in ignition and door locks. 2 turns unlocks all doors. I recently ordered backup remotes on Amazon and they were pretty easy to program. Now I have lots of keys and remotes!! :geek:
Can you share where you got the extra remotes? I bought one from Auto Zone a month ago and it wouldn't work. My factory one still does, thankfully!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you share where you got the extra remotes? I bought one from Auto Zone a month ago and it wouldn't work. My factory one still does, thankfully!
Go to @A (not sure what I can post here as I am a new member) and look for:

KeylessOption Keyless Entry Remote Control Car Key Fob Replacement for KBRASTU15, CWTWB1U733-Blue. You can also search for the store brand KeylessOption with no space. You need to search for your key remote number which is imprinted on the back of the remote. You will need to reprogram your original remote at the same time. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. The trick part is the insert/remove in quick succession step. I recommend a bit of graphite on the key to start with so it will slide in and out easily. The ones I bought were $7.95 each with PRIME.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is no chip in the 2000-2004 Nissan Xterra/Frontier Keys. A locksmith should be able to cut you a key copy (or 3).

Remotes are easily obtained on Amazon, make sure to match the transponder code printed on your factory remote.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,027 Posts
Go to @A (not sure what I can post here as I am a new member) and look for:

KeylessOption Keyless Entry Remote Control Car Key Fob Replacement for KBRASTU15, CWTWB1U733-Blue. You can also search for the store brand KeylessOption with no space. You need to search for your key remote number which is imprinted on the back of the remote. You will need to reprogram your original remote at the same time. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. The trick part is the insert/remove in quick succession step. I recommend a bit of graphite on the key to start with so it will slide in and out easily. The ones I bought were $7.95 each with PRIME.
Thanks! I ordered mine and hope they'll work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2002 did not have a chip although the locksmith said it did. It did and does not. I still own it and I have a good ole silver key I use all the time. Just tell the locksmith it does not have a chip. They will make a copy and for $4 you will know for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is no chip in the 2000-2004 Nissan Xterra/Frontier Keys. A locksmith should be able to cut you a key copy (or 3).

Remotes are easily obtained on Amazon, make sure to match the transponder code printed on your factory remote.
Well you better not tell this suppler that!
Amazon.com. Spend less. Smile more. › Transpo...
Amazon.com: Transponder Key Blank Fits 2002 2003 2004 Nissan Xterra: Car ...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts