Nissan XTerra Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Oh ok thank you for your response. I'm just trying to figure out if my issue is my starter or electrical because one shop is $100 cheaper on the starter but doesn't do electrical...ugh
Im no mechanic, but it wasn't too bad to replace the starter myself. Youtube is always a good help. The hardest past was bringing down through the cluster f*k underneath it and putting it back up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've never worked on a vehicle....I always wish I had lol...my son never has time, so I'm at the shop's mercy...I just try to have an idea or educated guess of what could be wrong...
Ah ok well my issue was the melted wire. After I got under there I could see why. It was electrical but on the wire that was right there on the starter. But the bendix is what spins up when the key is turned and engages another gear in the starter to turn it. Sometimes the bendix gets stuck or goes bad. But kinda sounds like your issue could be electrical or relay or fuse even. Not sure though. 2002 3.3l v6 auto

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well....people....i finally got my X back!!!! And boy was i surprised! All it was was a clutch adjustment! Thats it!!! $50 bucks! I just about fell over lol!!!! That was awesome! I didnt hear anything about something like that??? So simple.
Although....when the shop called me she did say that "to fix the dash lights its gonna be $1000.00. We have to order the part from the dealer". I said what part?? Theres nothing wrong with the dash lights they work just fine! She said "oh i thought you said they didnt work?" I said no....i told you that the dash lights work and so do the headlights...just fine, it just wont start. She said oh, well its $50.00! Im like awesome ill get there as quick as i can! Ok...my issue is, just what part were they talking about that they had to get from the dealer? If there wasnt anything wrong how could they say it was this part or that part??? I dont get that. She also told me i needed my rear brakes fixed because my dash warning light is on...she priced me a fix on my abs rear brakes at around $1,000 too, i just had those fixed for 3 or 400 bucks at a family friends shop whom i trust very much, which i told her that...so i dont know if they got me in for a cheap fix then was gonna snag me for some high dollar repairs. Thinking id go for it lol??? Idk??? I wouldve taken my truck to the people i know but everyone thought it was electrical. Anyway...I told her i just had those repaired but they didnt clear the code....
Regardless, my truck now has a brand new battery and the clutch has been adjusted and all is well, just need to find a decent set of budget friendly all season/terrain tires!!! :) Hope this helps someone, i sure appreciate all the help ive received!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well....people....i finally got my X back!!!! And boy was i surprised! All it was was a clutch adjustment! Thats it!!! $50 bucks! I just about fell over lol!!!! That was awesome! I didnt hear anything about something like that??? So simple.
Although....when the shop called me she did say that "to fix the dash lights its gonna be $1000.00. We have to order the part from the dealer". I said what part?? Theres nothing wrong with the dash lights they work just fine! She said "oh i thought you said they didnt work?" I said no....i told you that the dash lights work and so do the headlights...just fine, it just wont start. She said oh, well its $50.00! Im like awesome ill get there as quick as i can! Ok...my issue is, just what part were they talking about that they had to get from the dealer? If there wasnt anything wrong how could they say it was this part or that part??? I dont get that. She also told me i needed my rear brakes fixed because my dash warning light is on...she priced me a fix on my abs rear brakes at around $1,000 too, i just had those fixed for 3 or 400 bucks at a family friends shop whom i trust very much, which i told her that...so i dont know if they got me in for a cheap fix then was gonna snag me for some high dollar repairs. Thinking id go for it lol??? Idk??? I wouldve taken my truck to the people i know but everyone thought it was electrical. Anyway...I told her i just had those repaired but they didnt clear the code....
Regardless, my truck now has a brand new battery and the clutch has been adjusted and all is well, just need to find a decent set of budget friendly all season/terrain tires!!! :) Hope this helps someone, i sure appreciate all the help ive received!!
What does a clutch adjustment have to do with a no start? Do you have a manual transmission? What year do you have?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes its a standard 4x4. I dont have a clue but thats what it says on the invoice and thats what she told me. I was so excited about the low cost i didnt question the repair just the suggested repairs that i knew i didnt need lol

21 - 30 of 30 Posts