Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2002 Nissan Xterra and I am wanting to convert it to Off Road. My budget is about 2000$ and I was wondering what you would recommend I modify first. I was wanting to have a bumper guard, roof rack, lights on the roof rack and bumper guard, tires and wheels. I would like to have a winch but I was thinking that was too expensive.I don't know much suspension. I am NOT rock crawling. I am just exploring and Off Roading
. If someone could recommend what I should get and what is most important, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Tires if you're gonna be offroading and exploring. Maybe MT tires or All Terrains. Getting new tires was the best upgrade for my X in terms of performance, but I guess it really depends on where you're gonna be driving or mudding etc. Unless you have decent tires now and are gonna be loading your X up with gear of some sort and heading into the bush then lights or upgraded roof rack might be smart.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A pml is cheap and gets you enough clearance for some taller tires and some good articulation of the suspension.
I'd suggest grabbing some aux lights if this is going to be a back road adventure rig.
Recovery points and recovery gear are also good investments. A bumper guard (depending on the style) can decrease your approach angle, so I would spend money elsewhere.
Those would be the items i would look into first. Really it all come down to what you want to use the truck for and be able to do.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Not necessarily. If you look at their previous posts the account hasn't posted any spam and threads seem to stay on topic.
I give posters the benefit of the doubt especially if it seems English may not be their primary language. Xterra's or their equivalent do have an International following.
However, keeping an eye out for spammers does help us moderate the forums; so thanks!

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,384 Posts
Not necessarily. If you look at their previous posts the account hasn't posted any spam and threads seem to stay on topic.
I give posters the benefit of the doubt especially if it seems English may not be their primary language. Xterra's or their equivalent do have an International following.
However, keeping an eye out for spammers does help us moderate the forums; so thanks!
Unfortunately today he went back and inserted spam links in all his posts so he was banned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts