Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my air works great but when I turn on my heat it blows but it blows out cool air what could this be???

·
Registered
78 Posts
There's a "trap door" in the under dash airway that changes position relative to your choice of hot or cold. I expect that is stuck or the actuator has failed.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
There's a "trap door" in the under dash airway that changes position relative to your choice of hot or cold. I expect that is stuck or the actuator has failed.
blend door is what he is referencing and its likely the actuator for said blend door.

Reactions: XT2015

·
Registered
78 Posts
I thought maybe I could sneak in the "trap door" but it just didn't fly. Glad I at least got the "door" right.
Thought...it's the weekend and I would think people are working on their vehicles but yet it seems the forum activity on the weekends is rather limited....at least by my expectations.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I thought maybe I could sneak in the "trap door" but it just didn't fly. Glad I at least got the "door" right.
Thought...it's the weekend and I would think people are working on their vehicles but yet it seems the forum activity on the weekends is rather limited....at least by my expectations.
man wasnt trying to cal you out, just arming the OP with more info for the parts store idiots who wouldnt have a clue what "i need the trap door for a/c" means lol

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Heck you're all good! I was just playing. Thanks for setting me straight.
whats funny is i worked at autozone for 4 years in college and i heard people call it that so much i instantly know what they mean, but would have noobs working wiith me that would go "whats the trap door for the a/c?" lol as a computer tech now i hear all the wild computer stuff too, like calling the pc tower a modem, hear that all the time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did the computer admin/tech thing for Xerox Corp for a number of years. PC tower/modem....wow time to put the cell phone down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts