Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock Nissan Xterra 2000 and I’m just wondering what size all-terrain tires I can put on there?

·
Registered
2001 Xterra 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
489 Posts
Open the door and look for the tire size decal, then go to an online tire seller and see what you like, then go buy them at the local brick and mortar.

·
Registered
2003 SE 4x4 V6 100k miles
505 Posts
You wondering about max size? Xterra rob has a good video on YouTube about that. Some have fit 32s successfully without having to do much else, but they may rub at times. If you go anything over stock size then pay attention to the feeling of your steering system. The extra weight could cause the components to wear a bit quicker and give you some loosey goosey steering

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like would I be able to put 31s on a stock Nissan Xterra with some trimming? Or would I have to do a body lift to fit them

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put 265/75/16 (31.7) on my 03 before the PML. I removed mid flaps and trimmed a little interior plastic. Allegedly you can get 33 without a lift if you are willing to cut metal but I have not done that so can’t speak much about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my ‘02 X I installed the factory sized P265/70R16 (just under a 31”) Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3’s. Stock height and they fit good. However, at the same time I swapped out the stock alloys and installed Pro Comp 16 x 7 wheels with a 4” back spacing. This offset allows for a wider stance, but I have some minor front tire rub when I’m about full lock on turning. Mostly on the plastic which I’m trimmed as much as a care to off. Mine is also a 4 x 2 so that may also be something to take into mind. But on the road or on the trail, it has hardly been noticeable. Anything taller would be best fit with a body lift IMO.

·
Registered
443 Posts
31" are pretty safe. The factory rims are only 15x7 so you will probably not want to go bigger than 31 on them. 32 requires trimming on many, and a PML for the front, and you might rub still. I run 32s on Cragar 15x8 rims with 4.75 backspace and I had to trim and grind some metal on my 2000 to eliminate rubbing.

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,373 Posts
31" are pretty safe. The factory rims are only 15x7 so you will probably not want to go bigger than 31 on them. 32 requires trimming on many, and a PML for the front, and you might rub still. I run 32s on Cragar 15x8 rims with 4.75 backspace and I had to trim and grind some metal on my 2000 to eliminate rubbing.
Dozens of members of this forum, myself included, have run 33x12.5x15 tires on the stock wheels with no issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts