Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,
I just got my 04 xterra XE today. I am not very knowledgable about xterra's but I am hoping my knowledge will grow with time. So, my quick question is:

What is the blue light on the dash above the steering wheel, and how do I turn it off, it is really distracting as it shines right in the middle of the windshield on the drivers side

Hopefully you guys can help me out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can take a pic but I won't be able to get it up until tomorrow. But to be more specific its right in the center of the dash above the steering wheel, so its in the middle of the wheel but above it and behind it on the dash (I might have confused you). The light is small about 1 centimeter and it blue. Since I just bought it today I don't know if its always on, but so far today it has been on regaurdless if the headlights are on and so far has been on evertime I enter the car. It also seems to be one even if the car is off and im not in it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
x2, probably a security alarm light.

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
if it is a security light it should go off when the X is unlocked and started... then when the X is off it should blink unless they have it where it constantly stays on... after we get the pic's we will be able to tell you if it is oem or aftermarket..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well there is a red security light on the left of the drivers side next to the wheel that blinks when the car is off, also the blue light is not on the manual so it prob is after market, I'll go and try to get a pic for you guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts